AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment values...who will blink first
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ih smoke
Posted 1/19/2016 12:01 (#5047486 - in reply to #5047277)
Subject: RE: Equipment values...who will blink first

McHusker - 1/19/2016 10:16

I have a 2577 I bought new in 2008. In the fall of 2013 I looked at a new or really low hour 6130 with two new heads, about fainted. Last October tried again with new 6140 setup, I believe the trade diff was twice as much. My combine is now an embarrassing legacy machine, but it is paid for. If Titan gets too bad with the shop there are alternative places to buy parts for that machine and there are a couple independent mechanics around. We are not entitled to a profit or health care plan and a 401k and neither are they. Unfortunately when this all shakes out we may have to drive farther to find a dealer.
. That "embarrassing legacy machine" is probably the greatest combine that was ever designed. Yep the design has been around since the late 70's but it was a great design. Got my first taste with a 1440, simple, easy to work on, and chewed through soybeans like nothing we had ever seen to that time. Until we bought our first Axial-Flow I thought working on a combine 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night was just part of owning one. I'd be mighty proud of that 2577. Local bto told me if he could buy brand new 2588's that's what he'd be buying.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)