AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil test........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 1/18/2016 05:27 (#5044003 - in reply to #5043785)
Subject: RE: Soil test........

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i gues i would disagree, maybe agree with your article. here are some things i want you to consider. i compliment everything your doing but not sure you understand everything that is going on and hope that doest get you into trouble.

1 is your humic matter and soil life going up or is it just your OM. you say you have increased OM by alot, but i question did you K increase at the same time, now as that happened i want you to shift gears a little and think about your residues you produce. Have you ever produced 3% calcium alfalfa on this farm, no but you sure do produce 3% potassium alfalfa. with that being said do you think mostof your residue is excessive in K? then hpefully that sparks thot to if your just increasing residue on soil surface and in top soil. Hey thats all good more residue in your enviroment is what it takes to grow a crop and profit in your weather patterns and crop rotation, hats off there, but lets look at this for the rest of your life. if your OM and humus increased while your K levels dropped over ten years hats off but if your K levels went up i think its time to do some racheting down and figure out what is going on. email is good as the rest of this is not good discussion for ag talk.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)