AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Work Bench
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

stau40
Posted 1/7/2016 11:39 (#5018283)
Subject: New Work Bench

Southern MN
Been looking for a new rolling workbench for a few years now and haven't been impressed with what I've found. The majority looked like it would last a couple years and that would be it. Went to the Spencer Fair and ended up buying a bench from a company called Winn Rack out of Nebraska I believe.

Delivered it a couple months later during the first snow of the year and long story short I dropped it while unloading from about 4 feet in the air on to the concrete below. I figured it was wrecked but we got it flipped over and everything was perfect except a slight bend in the faceplate of the door. Door still worked fine though so it wasn't an issue for me since I was the one that dropped it to begin with and you had to really look hard to see it.

Truck driver from Winn Rack left and ended up sliding into the ditch trying to get out of my driveway. Can't blame him because it was a long trailer, the road was very soft, and it's a tight turn. Ended up pulling him out but snapped my good tow rope in the process. Driver said he would let the company know and they would send me a new one. I laughed to myself thinking it would never happen.

Fast forward a few weeks and they sent me a new $120 tow rope, the exact same as the one I snapped, without any arguing. I was impressed. Now fast forward a couple weeks later and a box shows up with a new faceplate for the drawer I bent when I dropped it. I didn't have a single discussion with the company about replacing it.

The moral of the story is, if your looking for a quality work bench and a company that stands behind their product, even if it is dropped on concrete because the operator (me) is an idiot, take a look at them. We're now talking about buying a stationary work table from them because of how all this was handled.

Edited by stau40 1/7/2016 11:45

(Work Bench.JPG)

(Bent Drawer.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Work Bench.JPG (79KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments Bent Drawer.JPG (47KB - 142 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)