AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 1/3/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/4/2016 10:04 (#5009912 - in reply to #5009652)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 1/3/16*****

You  are right and I think he was using that as a broad average. The truth is many will end up being over 50 pounds overweight over a lifetime which would sort of take into amount the need to eat more over time.

And you are also correct you would have to eat enormous helpings of vegetables daily to get all the energy content your body needs. The low carb diet relies more on the meat and eggs for protein.

I still think the carbs are the key. I pay ZERO attention to calories. I eat until I feel full and remain content between meals. When watching calories alone I was shocked how little one could eat to stay into a slightly calorie deficient mode which when coupled with extensive walking or treadmill workouts was supposed to shave off the weight.

I eliminate the insulin spikes fueled by sweets and carbs which is what makes you want to continue snacking between meals. Think of a child eating candy. They are full of energy until the sugar high wears off then they are cranky and craving more. This happens all the time with eating a high carb diet. So many of the foods out there are hyped as low fat, or healthy alternatives but when you look at the labels they are loaded with carbs to make them edible. 

Look at these weight loss food plans they claim you can still have pasta and desserts etc. I don't buy it sure you might lose some weight but they claim these shakes get your digestive system in line and reduce bloat. To me that means laxative and or diuretic to give the appearance of quick weight loss ? Maybe it works maybe not but is it sustainable and are you willing to keep paying for something you can do all on your own ?

Another recent article along the same lines.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231004

I've heard that the weight loss/ fitness business is a multi billion dollar a year industry. Most of what is out there is designed to first and foremost  1) make money for the plan or equipment manufacturer/seller or 2) keep you hooked into a monthly meal plan or payment for something.  I mean after all most of them post disclaimers about "losses not typical". Everyone has been conditioned to simple and easy with out sacrifice. There is no getting around that cutting the carbs. Either you cut them and adjust to life without them to maintain the lower weight or risk slipping back into old habits.

All I know is this is relatively easy with some will power and something that does not require buying into a plan or program and is sustainable but it requires people to make tough decisions about what they will or will not eat.

I'm not trying to convince anyone this will be the only way to achieve their goals. However, if you have tried different methods and not had the success you want then maybe it's something to read about, study and consider.

Here are some typical meals

Breakfast

Lunch

Supper

Again just sharing what worked for me not trying to convince anyone else. The reason I shared the pics is that was the hardest part of getting started for me, just seeing and understanding "what" I could eat.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)