AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on my chemical programs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Red Farm
Posted 1/3/2016 10:20 (#5007261)
Subject: Opinions on my chemical programs

NW Indiana
I have been lurking for awhile now with just a few posts. Enjoy reading all the information and insight found here. Wanted to get some opinions on my chemical programs. Problem weeds are roundup resistant marestail and giant ragweed. Roundup will still take out ragweed unless it gets out of control. Mix of conventional till and no-till.

We have been using this program on corn for a few years now and I've been happy

Pre:
2.5-3 qt Degree Xtra
1 qt atrazine
Powermax when needed, mostly on no-till acres

1 pint atrazine
1 qt powermax
MSO

My bean programs have been working but I think I need to be looking at something different. Last year I used

Pre:
1.5 Oz sharpen
6 Oz metribuzin
1 qt powermax
MSO

It worked great as far as I can tell. I had the center boom section plug and in the fields before I found it we had a bunch of marestail in that strip. Rest of the field was very clean. This year I was going to replace the sharpen with 2-4d.

6 Oz clethodim

Few problematic fields added first rate for giant rag that got away due to wet weather. Other than that just touched up again with powermax. Although I've had good luck I feel like I should be doing more on the bean program and probably switch up the corn program since I've been using it for a few years. TIA for your opinions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)