AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a skid steer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crowbar
Posted 12/3/2015 22:52 (#4937616 - in reply to #4937328)
Subject: RE: Looking for a skid steer.

Hazelton, Kansas
Aaron,

It sounds like your use will require quite a bit of getting in and out of the skid steer. So entry/egress should be on your list of things to consider, IMO.

I bought a one-armed Volvo (MCT125) last spring, and I REALLY like the side entry. Getting in and out is much easier and safer than the conventional skid steers. JCB built it.

I still don't know what to expect for durability, but it seems to be a relatively clean, simple design. I've only put maybe 100 hours on it, but it has given me no problems thus far. It had about 450 meter hours when I bought it, and it was a rental machine.

Seed pallets and chemical totes are no problem.

I like the tracks so far, but the side entry is the reason I bought the Volvo/JCB. It's a game changing concept, IMO. I'll go so far as to say that I think other manufacturers will follow suit.

Regards.

MDS

Edit: I didn't mean the above to imply that I think the JCB design is perfect. To JCB, my suggestions for improvement include:

1. Widen the distance between the rear boom trunion bushings. For only having 450 hours on it, I think there is too much side-to-side slop in the bucket. But, in the machine's defense, I don't think it was over-greased during its rental life.

2. Improve access to the left rear of the engine compartment. There's a lot of seriously rigid body steel to the left of the engine. That appears to be cosmetic overkill, far in excess of what is needed for structure and ROPS functions. There could be some removable panels designed in there, IMO.

Edited by crowbar 12/4/2015 06:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)