AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tracks vs Tires on Trailed Strip Till Equipment - need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/1/2006 13:16 (#48052 - in reply to #48026)
Subject: RE: Tracks vs Tires on Trailed Strip Till Equipment - need help

Driftless SW Wisconsin

That is a great idea. I don't like hauling massive amounts of weight around the field on any type of tire or track if it can be avoided. We might just go with an 18" wide tire and 1000 gal as a high capacity option on the 16 row. There are many situations however where it is much more convenient to have the fertilizer on the bar vs trailed. Curves, sideslopes, backing into corners, etc.

The 14" wide tire stays in the tractor tire track and farther away from the plant zone. We make about A 10" wide strip which on 30" rows the 14.4 fits nicely. 18" is close to the strip. Thanks for the idea though. Basically a higher speed nurse system for liquid or dry, and hold your reservoir at the end of the field.

I remember air to air refueling from a KC135. In field on the go refueling still has a massive weight driving through the field. I think a high capacity stationary system on a truck at the ends of the fields - either liquid or dry - is probably a better agronomic solution. We are saving so much time with this system that a few minutes stopped at the end is really not that big a deal. Most stripping, whether fall or spring, is done when you have a wider time window than right at planting time. Thanks again.

Jim at Dawn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)