AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1560 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 9/30/2006 23:31 (#47927 - in reply to #47876)
Subject: Re: JD 1560 drill

Southeast Washington
Our local co-op as well as ours have broken several years ago. The co-op replaced the first one with another John Deere. When ours broke a metal shop said that in the 4 inch size there isn't high tensile. Anyway it was just shy of $500 for a new one from John Deere and I bought a 15 foot piece from the metal shop for $70 and it was 3/8 inch thickness or a little thicker than the John Deere. After several years of abuse it has held and the co-op now has thicker tubing now also as they also broke the replacement tube. The thicker one took a little grinding to fit the end pieces in the ends but no regrets despite the John Deere shop saying it wouldn't work. I would say buy a little thicker and save the money over what John Deere wants.

The old broken tubing is now a bumper on the back of my pickup and I had no trouble cutting or drilling that tube from John Deere.

In looking back it broke in 1999 and we got the 1560 in 1997 or whenever they first came out. We tried a 750 in the spring and liked it so well that we bought a drill and the 1560 is what showed up in the fall. For us and the co-op we got a couple years out of the original and the replacement is still going good since 1999.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)