AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gypsie painters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 9/3/2015 06:26 (#4767539 - in reply to #4767501)
Subject: RE: Gypsie painters

Everybody and their brother uses those names and claims to be related to the good painters but not the bad ones that you might mention.

Said this before but it's worth repeating.

Traveling painters have been run off this farm every since 1955 and will ALWAYS be ran off if they stop. Same for the tool guys with a truckload of junk he has to move, the frozen meat salesmen, the leftover job blacktop salesmen and the rest of the scammers and hucksters looking to make a quick buck at your expense

Traveling painters squirted some silver paint on Great Grandpa's barn in 1955, it ran off into the hog watering trough and the bred sows all died.  Hetried to stop payment on the check next morning  and they were already long gone.

Hire someone local that will use quality products and will stand behind their work.

You want to trust your farm to some guy hanging down the roof or off the side of a bin from a paint hose ? 

I'm painting with a large spray nozzle (pun intended) here. Some may be okay and reputable but based on that one experience and wisdom shared from elders "here" that 60 year old lesson still burns brightly in my mind.

Seems the game is to paint at a few farmsteads just far enough apart that the word does not travel faster than the painters. Sheriff ran them out of the county the last time as there was bunch of complaints.

Never ceases to amaze me why they need to travel so far from home to paint. Aren't their buildings around their home base that need painted ? Why the need to travel?  (I already know that answer)

To each their own but seems to be lots of gullible folks that answer phone calls and give out info, get cheap painting done, get left over blacktop from jobs "in the area" and buy loads of tools of questionable origin and quality.  Yes everyone likes a "deal" but you usually get what you pay for and sometimes even a whole lot less.

Like I said to each his own and some have success stories with all the above.

For me anytime somebody pulls in with a "deal for me" the red flags pop up and the scam-a-rama meter goes on high alert and defense.

TANSTAAFL 

("There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch")

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)