AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stunted Soybeans, late flexstar application,raising the white flag!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 6/21/2015 12:51 (#4638661)
Subject: Stunted Soybeans, late flexstar application,raising the white flag!

N.W. Ohio
I think many of us here are facing a similar problem. After many many inches of rain over the last month and a half, beans that have been in the ground for that month and a half are very short and stunted, barely hanging in there! Rain is still in the forecast for at least another week, have water standing everywhere with totally saturated fields. As soon as get's close to fit, will need to be getting them post emerge sprayed. Are all Non Gmo soybeans and planned spray program is Generic Flexstar and Generic Select. I have never seen the Flexstar carryover problem in the corn that others have talked about, usually finished up with post spraying by around July 4th. Probably will not even be started spraying by then this year.... Do I need to be looking for a different broadleaf herbicide for this late of spraying? Main problem broadleaf weed is common ragweed. Also, is there anything I should be considering adding to the program to help the beans recover? A neighbor had mentioned that the Co-op is promoting spraying some manganese to help the beans recover. Can I even add this to my conventional bean spray with no issues? To be honest, the way this crop looks right now, I honestly don't think the yield potential is over mid 30s, our ave. is mid 50s. So, likely facing a crop insurance claim, and at this point, in my mind it is hardly worth throwing much more money into this crop. I don't like to have this attitude, but basically feel defeated this year. This is far easier to take with a good crop insurance program in place. Thanks!

Edited by Just saying 6/21/2015 12:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)