AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pivots in storms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

chopr1
Posted 6/21/2015 10:02 (#4638380 - in reply to #4638297)
Subject: RE: pivots in storms

NE, Oklahoma
Some thing could be done to stop this, but as a farmers view point, that's why I have insurance, fine for the first one, maybe twice, then the riders go on. Pivot comp. could come up with a cure at least a help, but why. Years like this, rain-rain-rain means very low sales, storms are there bread and butter in times like this.

I am a inventive type person, just to old now to to tackle this project. And yes I farmed, have pivots, and been a major pivot agent so do feel I can a least voice my opinion on this. And yes this is just MY opinion.

Nothing made me sicker than just to have finished a brand new pivot and then two days later have it blown over. Some of you will think, yea he just gets to sell another new one, not the case, where I've been on both sides of the fence, that one could have been mine.

I just think with the tech. the these comp. have they could run some programs on computers or wind tunnels and see how the blow over starts and or what it would take to reduce the possibility of it happening.

Another thought, pivot comps. are building lighter units, less cost to compete with each other, IMO one thing you don't need is a lighter unit and then not to expect it not to be more prone to winds.

Some day the better mouse trap will be built to at least help stop this----and it wil be made by a FARMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)