AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this Marestail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dragon71
Posted 6/21/2015 08:31 (#4638242 - in reply to #4638208)
Subject: RE: Is this Marestail?

Farming in NW Iowa
mmh - 6/21/2015 08:07

In your opinion how did the outlook work? Do you have a new flush of weeds comming

I'm not sure it bought us much residual time before spraying again. But at least there is another mode of action out there.

What we have now is several spots of this marestail, some waterhamp, and lambsquarters.These beans were planted May 2 and I sprayed them May 27th. At that time there was a lot of small waterhemp, kochia, stinging nettle, giant ragweed, some velvetleasf and some lambsquarter. The opwner didn't want to do a burndown before planting. This is only the 2nd year he is doing no till soybeans, the first on this field. I don't no till myself, so don't see marestail. This farm has been roundup corn followed by roundup baens for probably 18 years now, and only in the last 5 years have we been adding Callisto to the corn program. No pre plant or pre emerge chemicals at all, which I'd never do. Until he went no till we always disced on 1.5 pints Treflan.

On the corn this year like I said no pre chemicals and used Halex Gt post, which seems to be doing a good job.
So do you all think I should wait another week to respray this? Nothing worse than an angry weed! Thanks for the replies so far.

Edited by dragon71 6/21/2015 08:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)