AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

radiant tube heater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/17/2015 07:14 (#4317693 - in reply to #4317429)
Subject: RE: Is this the first time Runing it ?

central - east central Minnesota -

boog - 1/16/2015 22:45 I'd turn the heater on & let it run for a few days before making any decisions. Your concrete is cold & needs to absorb the heat, then it will reflect back up. Radiant heat warms objects not air, I turn my tube heater down to 50* when I'm not in it, and 60* when working in the shop. Doesn't take long to get to 60*. Is your heater a "downdraft", burner on one end & fan on opposite end & pulls the heat thru the tube unlike an updraft which blows the heat rom the burner down the down & is less effective. Also, did you vent the heater outside? Mine is not vented and there's quite a bit of heat that comes out the exhaust end. Company said my building had enough sq ft so didn't need to vent the exhaust. I was skeptical so the first winter I put an elbow on the tube & directed the exhaust air towards a CO2 detector, Detector never went off so I angled the exhaust back towards the middle of the shop. It's been that way for 13 yrs & haven't ever had a CO2 detector go off. FWIW, we're having two 175,000 BTU downdraft tube heaters put in a 80 x 120 x18' building.

Agree with Boog - if this is the first time firing it up and running it - it's going to take a few days for the building to get acclimated to the heat. It will not feel warm, unless you get a considerable bigger unit. You are right on the edge of trying to get heat enough from that one 100k unit, if it's the first time, firing it up - you are heating up the building first . . . ..... it will not feel warm, until other objects are tempered and stop absorbing the heat.

Turn it on and leave it on for a few day and see what it works like after the few days . . . . .. .

Edited by iseedit 1/17/2015 08:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)