AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will it work? Dual anchor setup for the 6x6.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 12/14/2014 07:05 (#4238916 - in reply to #4238735)
Subject: RE: Whoa, Don

Mark, I know all too well the cost of being wrong, as I have been wrong far too many times. But this is not a matter of you being wrong. I appreciate your input and your time spent considering what i am putting together. Part of the reason I am going ahead with at least a trial is that I have put together dual systems on the past with far less thought in the design, and they lasted trouble free for many, many years. For example. This is a 3/4 ton pickup sprayer I made over 25 years ago. It has 21.5x16.1 tires on 20x16 wheels. I had a light weight 3/32" band rolled and used only 5 5/8" cold roll mild rod with cut course threads to hold them together. I bent the J hook in the rod that hooked into but a small rim to center web brace. I have since sold the sprayer to one person and the duals to another which still uses them................on some steep hillsides no less. Pure luck? likely. But if something so poorly thought out as the pickup duals can work at all, I think this system on the truck warrants a test trial anyway. But again, thanks for your time and thoughts. I will definitely do a follow up as I get the test trial under way.

(IM001011.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM001011.JPG (132KB - 169 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)