AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will it work? Dual anchor setup for the 6x6.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4th GenerationFarmer
Posted 12/11/2014 22:42 (#4234878 - in reply to #4234724)
Subject: RE: Will it work? Dual anchor setup for the 6x6.

NWC Ohio
I'm no engineer by any means, but I like to be creative and tinker myself. I'm wondering if you are creating alot of stress points with the welds and extensions for each bolt/thimble/nut. How about making that big center spacer of a size that you can weld it into the center of the outside dual rim ( cut the center portion completely out) and to the portion of the center spacer that goes into the inner dual, make it a small enough diameter to slide into the inner wheel and have a solid center with the correct bolt hole pattern to fasten to the outside of the thimble via the nut. Much like that ball and socket style wheel was designed? On a semi both rims are offset to allow to be fastened close together, in your instance you just need to put all the rim offset on one rim. I know it's kinda hard for me to explain, but if I had a picture of the 24.5x32 dual setup on a 9280/9380 CIH ( not axle mounted they are bolted together to a set of planetaries) for you to see you would understand real quick. I know this kinda dual wheel setup is used on a few other types of tractors, but not sure the exact name of the style.
At any rate this looks like an interesting project and I'd like to see it once done. Also curious as to why your adding duals, but I'm sure when your dun you'll post some pictures of a one of a kinda purpose built rig. Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)