AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting Look at Crude -- From a world leader standpoint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 11/27/2014 12:44 (#4205044 - in reply to #4203818)
Subject: RE: Interesting Look at Crude -- From a world leader standpoint

Thanks. Interesting - the last time, from what I remember, the price really didn't trend higher until after 1999. I read, in one comment to the article you linked to: "So would now be a good time to buy an electric vehicle, or a plug-in like the Volt because no one wants them right now? Because once gas prices inevitably go back up, there's going to be a huge demand for them again because most people are shortsighted and only look five minutes ahead (low gas prices today), and not the future (gas prices in a few months)." Classic comment, isn't it?

I do remember trips to the far north of Canada back in the late 90s. The CD was somewhere around 65 cents, and air charters were cheap. The question in my mind is - is this a cycle that is related to what I think is the longer term corn cycle? If so, it looks ominous.

BTW - we were living in Fairbanks prior to and during the last big oil cycle. I had quite a view of the boom/bust cycle up there. This now could easily take much longer to play out than most people are anticipating (IMHO).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)