AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine static discharge . . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 8/16/2006 09:24 (#36236 - in reply to #36190)
Subject: Re: Combine static discharge . . .

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

If you are not using the quick reply box to answer a post, there should be a button labeled HTML Editor / Link Tools at the lower left of the reply box. If you click that button, it accesses a much fancier editor that lets you dress up the looks of your post. On the bottom line of tools that the editor presents, there is an Omega (or Ohm sign). Click that and you will get a whole selection of symbols that clicking one, will insert it to your post. There is also a Smiley Face that will bring up a selection of emoticons that you can insert in your post.

As for the static issue & combines: It's a pretty widely held belief that static buildup on a combine will charge the machine enough to cause dust to stick to the cab windows and make it miserable to see where you're going or what you're doing. Some also believe that static discharge sparks could be a cause of fires on the combine.

One of the proposed solutions to the above is to drag a chain between frame and ground, because the belief is that the tires insulate the machine from ground and prevent static discharge. Jon & I both farm where it can get above 100° F with humidity levels less than 5% during harvest. Like Jon, I have also drug a length of worn out SS roller chain and found that it made no difference. The conductivity that my combine tires exhibit, pretty much shows me why the chain didn't work "here".

Now as to the price of tea in China: Don't know? Does it trade on CBOT?

Have a good one Laughing

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)