AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Now you've done it guys.....:>)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 1/10/2014 22:07 (#3594033 - in reply to #3593061)
Subject: Re: Now you've done it guys.....:>)

West-Central IL
Im pulling this from memory after looking on Milwaukee's website about a month ago, but the specs on the 3/4 inch impact is only about 50 -100 ft lbs of torque more then the new FUEL 1/2 inch impact (750 ft lbs). I think they were both 1200 ft lbs nut busting. I was thinking the exact opposite of you. The 1/2 inch is cheaper, just as powerful (almost), smaller and I think less weight, I will use 1/2 sockets much more frequently then 3/4 inch, and I can always put an adapter on to go from 1/2 to 3/4 inch if needed.

I have the older 1/2 inch impact (450 ft lbs) and am very impressed with the power. It seems close in power to my IR TiMax air impact. Not much it wont take of in a 1/2 socket sized bolt range. All the guys in the shop are always grabbing up the cordless and I keep telling them to use the air impact in the shop and save the cordless impact and batteries for out in the field, barnlot, bin site, etc. when air isn't an option. They just keep grabbing the Milwaukee if that tells you anything. Sometimes I grab it too when no one is looking :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)