AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

milwaukee impacts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 1/10/2014 15:38 (#3592922 - in reply to #3592439)
Subject: Re: milwaukee impacts

Paxton, IL
I've got the 2763 version (ring detent vs pin detent). I love the power it has and battery life is excellent. I'd compare it to my IR 2135 QTiMax air impact as far as power is concerned.

I think the low power setting is a bit of a joke though. supposed to be rated at 100 ft/lbs, but I'm not sure it would even do that. It turns and hammers much slower. Reminds me of an older NiCad battery version with the battery pretty well dead.

It's also pretty heavy and bulky. That comes with the territory of high powered cordless tools, but I don't think the ergonomics are as good as my old Dewalt cordless impact.

As far as the torque differences between the pin detent model and the friction ring model are concerned, it was explained to me that the pin detent was designed with industrial applications in mind. Applications where you put on a socket and used the same one for most of the day. They designed it thinking these applications would benefit from the different torque ratings. The ring detent model was designed with the auto mechanic in mind. Easier to change sockets. Mode 1 rated at 100 ft/lbs for tightening lug nuts, and mode 2 rated at 700 ft/lbs for serious work on crank pulleys, suspension parts, etc.

I'm with Combinedmf though, I'd much rather have a 350/700 version.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)