AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Fertilizer Monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 1/10/2014 07:27 (#3591645 - in reply to #3591482)
Subject: Re: Liquid Fertilizer Monitors

I converted to 28% a few years ago, ( my type uses a centrifugal pump, Raven controller and orifices ) I installed the Wilgers, but my problem is I was adding "BLACK LABEL" ( Loveland Product from CPS ) and then I could not see the balls float in the flowmeters, because it made my fertilizer mixture too dark, and my cab to flowmeter mount distance is plenty far. I've been working on an individual electronic flowmeter system for a while. I did not know CDS John Blue had this magnetic type sensor. The biggest help I did for myself was strainers, I have 2 banks of 8 and have a final strainer before each bank. The other help I did was plumb everything with cam locks, so I can flush or rinse the fertilizer out with water or air, and it works great for washing when done.
I am looking for a way that I can monitor and map my fertilizer with my seeding.
Did the rep. happen to mention if the wifi magnetic type sensors could see through dark solutions ?
Thanks
Rog
When its cold I really watch for plugged orifices, with my hyd centrifugal pump - Raven outfit, I can lift planter on the end and hit my manual switch and see if all fert coulters shoot out or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)