AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just bought a 95 7.3 F250 with a bad turbo is it ok to Drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dmpaul89
Posted 1/9/2014 22:35 (#3591182)
Subject: Just bought a 95 7.3 F250 with a bad turbo is it ok to Drive?

Sw. Ill
I just bought a 1995 F250 Diesel 4x4. I picked it up pretty cheap. This is my first diesel pickup and I dont have a whole lot of experience with them. I'm pretty sure the turbo is junk. The truck runs great and sounds real good besides the absence of the turbo. It doesnt spin at all till you get it up to about 2000 rpm then you can hear it start to turn with a whoooooshhing noise. kinda sounds like a leaf blower when it does spin and it immediately stops spinning when you let off the throttle. I took off the air hose going to it and didnt see any foreign objects. couldnt reach my fingers in there too spin it by hand. the motor has good oil pressure. The truck has been sitting since spring time and hasent been started for a few months. the owner says this is the first time he's seen it do this and I believe him because he was very shocked when we heard it. it's got 310k miles, but what sold me was how is started quickly at 30 degrees without being plugged in. My main question is would it be too risky to drive it 15 miles home? I think if I go slow the turbo wont even spin the whole way. are the cheap aftermarket turbos any good or should I get a factory one? Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)