AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Impregnating sure start or balance flex with urea
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 7/9/2013 18:41 (#3199671 - in reply to #3199649)
Subject: RE: Impregnating sure start or balance flex with urea

WC MN
A lot of fertilizer gets impregnated here. Personally, I will only impregnate for the beans. My FIL's corn got hurt bad from Triple Flex impregnated this year. He plants about 2" or so and I think that was just plain too shallow when you are working in the herbicide with a FC. If you could harrow it in or be certain you were only working it in the top 2" or so, I think you will be fine but be sure that if you get plenty of rain it has the potential to move. He was not happy. They did a couple of fields by spraying and a couple by impregnating and that was the only difference. Injury was only found in the impregnated fields. They do have a warning about using triple flex on "high rates of urea". That may have been the case as all his N is derived from urea.

I spray all mine on post with 4" corn. I never have injury going that route. Guys that put it on pre here can get issues with it leafing out underground in the clay knobs and heavy ground. I pre'd one field last year with the sprayer and 50-66 had about 20% leafing out underground. It did NOT like it.

I am sure you will get many stories with varying success and failure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)