AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fun Kid Garden Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gmoney
Posted 5/24/2013 13:11 (#3115358 - in reply to #3115165)
Subject: Re: Fun Kid Garden Ideas

SC Wisconsin
Is liquid fence the brand name? Because I was using some sort of rabbit repellant that smelled a bit like peppermint, and about all it did was burn the leaves white. I was hesitant to drop another $10 on a different bottle but if you've got one that works I'll give it a whirl.

I agree the fence would be the ultimate way to go, I'm just being stubborn. I like a neat garden, and a chicken wire fence just makes a weeding/trimming nightmare. Plus I have to build a gate, or else the kids can't get in it. But it may come to that.

We do have some cherry tomatos planted, but I do like the idea of him picking out some plants and growing them. He's also into bugs, insects, and dinosaurs so slugs would be right up his alley. I had to stop the "dinosaur fossil excavation" last night because it was getting dangerously close to the tomato we just planted. He had his magnifying glass out and was looking at every little rock he dug to determine if it was a bone or not. When I was a kid we had limestone rocks, so at least there was a chance to find a fossel. We live on a terminal moraine/glacial outwash area now, so there are tons of rocks but they are all a different type.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)