AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor safety poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 3/4/2013 11:46 (#2941171 - in reply to #2940465)
Subject: RE: Tractor safety poll

just a tish NE of central ND
Ill be the first to say we id plenty of dangerous stuff here on our farm too..... thought nothing of it most of the time, so far, so good. but there is always things we know we got "lucky" about and God was watching over us. Common sense comes into play. The one thing that I don't miss is the experience I have gotten in my younger day with flat belts. Man, I hated lining up a grinder or blower belt with the tractor..... The most fun you can have is when you get snow on a flat belt and are trying to quick grind a load of feed with a belt driven hammer mill for the cows but that W X Y -ING ____flat belt got slippery and wont stay on the pulleys when you load the mill up with feed..... So you start all overs again and again untill you get it cleaned up enough to get traction, have to clean out the mill each time. Usually I dumped a little feed on the belt for traction. Flat belts are like a Trojan horse. Friendly on the outside, but can attack you when you aren't looking. I have seen belts hit a truck box with a bang...... Have seen them send a 9 tine silage fork flying when it got hit with flying belts too.... Most time they just drop to the ground when one comes off, but not always. A belt accident put my neighbor in the hospital with head injuries. Not good...

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 3/4/2013 11:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)