AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recession
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 1/5/2008 19:54 (#276468 - in reply to #276378)
Subject: RE: Recession

north central Oklahoma
I honestly can't answer you kweshun about grain prices down the road, you'll have to defer to Agtrader for that. I do however feel that if the MSM would STFU, most people would not know of a recession, hence we might never actually make it to a full scale recession. Someone, somewhere is always in a recession. How's that old saying go, if it doesn't affect me, it's a recession, if it affects me, it's a depression.

I think the MSM accelerates things telling us we are in recession/depression/etc. People tend to believe something after it's drilled in their head over and over and over. I am over 50 and have been through several "what they wanted to tell us were recessions", and never changed my living habits. Many people change thier living habits everytime they change jobs, because they spend every dime they make regardless of how much they make. They bring their own recessions on by not planning past the end of their noses.

With the mortgage industry taking the bath they are, I can't imagine some of that turmoil won't eventually trickle down, but don't really know what to expect. I am ready for whatever transpires, I think. Guess we'll see when the SHTF
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)