AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steiger questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mtjohn
Posted 11/22/2012 20:13 (#2711410 - in reply to #2711115)
Subject: RE: Steiger questions

Glasgow Montana
Are you sure it has a 3406 in it? All Bearcats that I know of came with a v style engine either a 3208 or maybe 3116? Not sure of that last number but anyway I would be concerned with the cooling system if a 3406 was shoehorned into a Bearcat. Not sure if the frame would be long enough? I have several of the larger Steigers Panthers with 3406 and they are a pretty strong tractor. I really like the PTA as it is easy to update the hydraulics with the Allison. Good cheap horsepower, easy to repair, but maybe not as nice of cab as a new one. I prefer the cats over the cummins as I feel that they are a little more fuel efficient but have no hard numbers in a side by side to back that up. I did repower a cougar with a 3406 that was pretty tuned up and had no problems with the rest of the tractor drivetrain. I think most of the drivetrain parts are pretty similar in the panther to cougar range but think that the bearcats are much smaller framed and drivetrain. I like your quote about scrap iron as I look at my tired lineup of equipment I wonder some days what I am doing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)