AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Essential read: London Telegraph
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 12/25/2007 10:00 (#267933 - in reply to #267792)
Subject: RE: I don't think we will get to the survivalist point

I am not so sure about the gov. printing all that cash money.

All I know is what a teacher told me in college in the year 1973.  He said that if everybody in America when to the bank on the same day to withdrawn their accounts in hard cash there would not be enough money (cash) to go around.  He claimed you would get 1/10 of a penny for every dollar you tried to take out.  Just not enough hard currency in the system.  Maybe things have changed, but I would be surprised if they have. I do not think the gov. could print the money fast enough.

People will return to the basics.  Eat, housing, working, if they can find it.  Frills will dry up, cell phones, bottle water, fast food, ect.  Believe it or not, I think families will actually have to move in with each other when one family becomes unemployed.

Gov. will step in to keep people from starving, soup lines, ect.  They will keep the elec. on and fuel in the system.  It will not be pretty, but life will go on. 

My parent lived though the depression.  My parents told me that not everybody was poor during the depression.  Some of Dad's neighbors lived well.  They were older, debt free and had some money saved.  Yes, they lost some of the money when the banks closed, some had money at home. 

My neighbor and I laugh about another crash.  We say it just depends on when it comes during the year.  If we have most of our money tied up in a crop and the crash comes.  Commodity prices fall??  Who can pay the bank back when you plan on $4 corn and after the crash it may be worth $.50 ?  Now if the crash comes just after I have sold the corn for $4 and paid off the bank, that is a different story. 

Life.  Only a few things for sure.  Death, taxes and J.C.

IMHHO 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)