AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex to SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 11/1/2012 23:04 (#2673431 - in reply to #2668961)
Subject: RE: Apex to SMS

WCIL
I just had customer support at Ag Leader help me get all my old data out of apex and into sms without doing the shapefile exporting. Here is what I had to do.

In apex go to the unload menu, then to Manage Archive, then select the files you want to export and export them to a new folder on your desktop or anywhere you want to put it. Then you have to put a file called global.ver in the RCD file that was exported. Once that global.ver file is in there, sms will read the exported data.

It worked fine for me when I exported selected files. At first I did all 2500 files that were in apex from the last 4 years and it took a while and didn't transfer everything.

Edited: Well I can't seem to get the file to attach. If you call customer support at ag leader they can email you the global.ver file to put in the exported RCD folder and it will get the job done.

I think I got it to attach as a zip file, should work now, if not call ag leader support.

Edited by sserven 11/1/2012 23:14

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Importing a shape file from APEX (KB contact form).zip (0KB - 391 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)