AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AG LEADER STEERING- Raven System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Amc4life
Posted 11/1/2012 21:12 (#2673044 - in reply to #2672129)
Subject: Re: AG LEADER STEERING- Raven System

Butterfield, MN
I guess one option would be, since you have both a paradyme and a 262, you could use Slingshot to get RTK to both of them as long as they are unlocked up to RTK level, so either of those would work as long as your dealer has service in the area. The 262 could be used to output NMEA messages to the Raven system. The paradyme probably could be used as well, although that will include terrain compensation that would probably mess with the terrain compensation that the SmarTrax system will already be doing. I've only been on 2 tractors like yours with beeline systems (one a 600 series, the other a AGCO) and they were pretty average, but I can't say for sure that they were tuned in as well as they could have been either. Regardless, I'm sure the newer technologies in almost anyone's systems could do better.
As far as the Raven system goes on the Nitro, they seem to steer pretty well, and the new machines come pretty well integrated to run a Raven system for product control. I've only dug around in a couple of them, and calibrated the steering system in one, but that one worked pretty well and the new cab is pretty cool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)