AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 500 - "End of Row "warning.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/1/2012 08:57 (#2672091 - in reply to #2672038)
Subject: Re: Trimble 500 - "End of Row "warning.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Last year the "speaker" failed on one of my systems. I swapped the sonic alarm with one from my other tractor and the "beeps" returned. With the generic autopilot wiring harness, the sonic alarm is just plugged into the octopus harness in the area around the Nav box.

Another common situation for me is that the speaker gets covered up with various debris such as sweatshirts, lunchbags and other items that mask the sound so much that the sound can not be heard above the engine. The solution for that is to clean house.

I was using a friends tractor that had a 500 with autopilot earlier this fall. I was moldboard plowing so we set the swath width at 1'. I would pull in and drive where I wanted to be and then engage. The system would pick the closest guidance line and steer. I had the nudge set to 3" and would nudge left or right if the swath was not where I wanted it to be. This worked reasonably well.

For whatever reason the end of row appraching warning was not very reliable. I believe this was due to the fact that I was working in "lands". Last year I experienced a similiar situation in my own tractor while plowing with a 750 and autopilot. Possibly the fact that the swath width is set to 1' and several passes are skipped may enter into this as well.

With my 750 and autopilot, the end of row approach warning gets confused at times even in more normal situations such as chisel plowing. Many times the reason is understandable as I may have disengaged at a different spot on a previous pass. Other times there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why the alarm comes on. The solution is to touch the Alarm warning icon and the noise goes away. Generally the alarm is reset and behaves correctly on the next pass.

Edited by tedbear 11/1/2012 09:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)