AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader integra and raven valves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/30/2012 13:50 (#2668913 - in reply to #2668662)
Subject: RE: ag leader integra and raven valves

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes any of the Ag Leader CAN displays (Insight, Edge, Versa, Integra) can work fine with the Raven components.

You will need two modules "inbetween" the Integra and the Raven components as well as some wiring. If both the tractor with the Integra and sprayer come from the same place they may have these. Then again if they chose to run the sprayer with the Raven they may not.

One module (black box) is called the Auxiliary Input module. It is connected to an Ag Leader switchbox (quite commonly a 10 boom box with a Master) and provides the information as which sections should be ON to the system.

The second module is called the Liquid Product Control module. It is ultimately connected to the Raven flowmeter, control valve and section valves. The liquid module takes the flow information from the flowmeter, controls the control valve to adjust the rate and cycles the ON/OFF section valves.

Autoswath allows the Integra to cycle the boom sections automatically for you if desired.

Both of these modules are connected via CAN bus to the Integra.

There are different wiring harnesses available that would work for you. There is one that allows these modules to be in the tractor cab and terminates with a connector that mimics the Raven. This means that the wiring on the sprayer can be left as is. This may work out the best for you

The other wiring harnesess are often used in other situations where a Raven console has not been used in the past. The various wiring options all work equally well, it's just that some work out better in some situations than others.

The total package consists of the Integra, the two modules and switchbox, Raven components on the sprayer as well as wiring to tie this all together.

This setup can be used for NH3 as well. In fact I'm going to move my Auxiliary module and Liquid module to the NH3 tractor this afternoon. In this situation I use the cable mentioned above so I can connect to my NH3 bar which was orginally run with a Raven.

Edited by tedbear 10/30/2012 13:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)