AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autofarm Rightrac calibration lost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 10/30/2012 10:28 (#2668663)
Subject: Autofarm Rightrac calibration lost

While planting this spring I let my brother plant and guess what -- he managed to play around on the system while loading data and he lost the calibration data -- and I cant find my sheet with numbers written down. Does anybody have a good starting spot for a 86 series IH -- I gotta check and see what my settings are right now but I know they didnt work worth a hoot so I planted the last 80 with markers. It'd seem to hold the line decent in the circle but when I ran tests in the field it'd get weaving after about 200ft and couldnt find itself back. I'll post my current settings when I get back home to look at it -- but figured not that I've got an extra month I have no excuse to not have it dialed in even better than before. The tractors also going to be on the chisel for a couple fields and itd be so much nicer to let it do the driving. I'd run the same system on a 4440 jd and 7020 allis and never really had to adjust much - and it was pretty easy to fine tune -- but when theres nothing to go by -- that really stinks -- wish I could find my cheat sheet. I didnt mind planting with markers -- what really made me cry is somebody after they lost the data decided to try to plant by screen on the last 10 ac of a field -- right next to the highway -- so yep that was pretty ugly -- sad part is I always lay down a mark when I quit just in case -- well it doesnt work if you refuse to lay down your marker -- his excuse was the neighbor had his markers up and he didnt want to look stupid -- well - saved yourself 20 min of embarasement to have a summers worth - told him when I was spraying if he woulda been close I'd have come out of the tractor and kicked him so hard -- never been that ticked in a field -- live and learn I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)