AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forcing a Pro600 to automatically change tasks while harvesting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DEHunter
Posted 10/24/2012 22:13 (#2659391)
Subject: Forcing a Pro600 to automatically change tasks while harvesting

Does anyone have a workaround for forcing a Pro600 to automatically switch two predetermined tasks based on GPS location? In order to better help our crop insurance agent, we'd like to put the non-irrigated corn/soybean's on one task, and the irrigated on a separate task. Here is what I have dreamt up:

I know that the Pro600 on version 26 or newer has Variety Tracker which has the ability to automatically change the task. So, in the Ag Leader SMS Software, I want to make a copy of the as-applied maps and modify it to show two "varieties", irrigated and non-irrigated. Then, I'll put the new copied as-applied map on the monitor with the two "varieties".

Has anyone tried this? Or do you have another suggestion? We have been told by our crop insurance agent that the combine needs to be the one to automatically place the irrigated and non-irrigated on separate tasks and then we will be allowed to use the Reports in SMS. At this point, according to the agent, we are not allowed to just "fence" the irrigated and non-irrigated yield data in order to report.

Anyone else had to do something like this for crop insurance?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)