AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much wheat in farmers hands
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Digger
Posted 12/20/2007 11:46 (#264735 - in reply to #264716)
Subject: Re: How much wheat in farmers hands

North Dakota
Hey CND, have you heard anything about the new pea facility on the east edge of Minot. The owner has passed away and construction has stopped. It is to bad as it looked like it would take a lot of acres to supply the plant. Not to mention quite an impressive place with everything being new.

I hear you on the sunflowers this year. One tough plant considering how dry and hot it was. We are going to need those spring rains again to get some subsoil though. I don't know about you but it is bone dry here. Not to much NH3 put on here even though we really wanted to use some of that 495$ stuff. Makes me a little nervous about CF industries keeping enough in stock to keep everyone going. Everything goes on so much faster these days with everything getting bigger.

One last thing about your peas and you probably already know but you have to factor in a 7 to 10 bu. yield bump the following year on your wheat. This year on mine it was 10 bushel. My biggest complaint with peas is that if you want to get a premium you have to store them and wait for the pea processors to get room. That can take a while if there has been a good crop. Did you decide on the air drill yet? From what I hear the used stuff ins'nt sticking around very long. Well, we will talk to ya later
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)