AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loren Kruse (Successful Farming) retiring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 4/1/2012 09:52 (#2315770 - in reply to #2314863)
Subject: RE: Loren Kruse (Successful Farming) retiring

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

That is a big loss for Successful Farming.  Two editors involved in that magazine I really respected, Loren is one of them.  Several of the younger ones are materialistic, only caring about ad revenue.  I always got the impression Loren really cared about the mission to improve agriculture.

Granted, by the time we get the magazine now, we have read about any new agricultural findings on the net, so the days of magazines (with the exception of advertising) are almost over.  And, I wrote several articles published in the magazines that didn't appear in the edition I received in my mail, never did figure out why they only put together regional editions that select the content for the recipients.  I had to ask for an edition containing my articles if I wanted to see them in print.  Sad commentary about farming in general, when someone else decides what you are interested in reading.  Even when we got rid of beef cattle, I still wanted to read about the industry, as it affects stocks of grain.  Only one example of the disadvantage of chosing content, there were many.  Like others, I flip through the SF now to see if any ag talkers are featured, then toss it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)