AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me pick a guidance system please.......tractors/sprayer/strip till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 3/4/2012 13:59 (#2267073)
Subject: Help me pick a guidance system please.......tractors/sprayer/strip till

Southeast Colorado
First off let me tell you I'm barely computer literate. Complicated systems don't fascinate me at all. I want simple but useful stuff. I've had an outback S2 with auto steer and baseline HD for 5 years on my old Nitro sprayer. I bought the stuff to put on the tractor at the same time but never installed it due to the fact that neighbors having the same system said it wasn't working well enough for strip till. We kept using the markers. Now I have bought a new to me sprayer that has envizio plus and accuboom. I really would like this sprayer to auto steer. Is there any way to upgrade this to auto steer? I've been told no. If I need to start over what would be the best cost effective system for me? It would be nice if the tractors and sprayer were all compatable but it doesn't really matter. What would be nice is if the tractors would at least strip till and be able to plant back over the srip good. (we are in a flat area so slopes are not an issue) For the most part I have been happy with the Outback set up in the sprayer but it does have it's shortfalls. Also I have never had the automatic boom shut off controls and I could see where that would be nice. Especially spraying at night. We have a pretty good Trimble dealer/farmer in our area and I'm tempted to go that way but I wanted to have some level of education before going to see him. As I'm sure with most of you, money is definitely an issue but it needs to work right. Thanks for any input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)