AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

outback baseline?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

stepheng67
Posted 2/7/2012 23:03 (#2212733 - in reply to #2199292)
Subject: Re: outback baseline?

A BaselineX is also a single frequency receiver, meaning that it uses the L1 signal. An A221/A220 is a dual frequency receiver and rover meaning it uses L1 and L2 and converges much faster, so you have faster start up times compared to the BaselineX. The BaselineX will start faster if you always mount it in the same location. So if you are working in various fields make you a permanent mount in each of those locations. It will remember those locations and speed the time it takes for the BaselineX to start transmitting the correction. From my experience, the A221 will warm up and start transmitting usually within 90 seconds. The A220 and S3 will get an RTK lock generally within 60 seconds of receiving the signal from the A221. Both systems give the same accuracy once they are warmed up, but the A221 and A220 are really fast, so if the budget allows a little more $ to be spent look really hard at the A221/A220 combo. I run both the BaselineX and the A221/A220, as time goes on any additional units I add will be using the A220 rover receiver with my existing A221--it is just so much faster at convergence and RTK lock. I have had less RTK drop with the A221/A220 combo than with the BaselineX. Don't get me wrong the BaselineX is a good product. I am just an Outback GPS "junkie" and like the faster start up of the A221/A220 combo.

I shot the following video using the S3 edriveX and BaselineX: http://youtu.be/VDasY5S_NQY

I shot this one using S3 eDriveTC, and BaselineX: http://youtu.be/pHoG70lo_iE

Edited by stepheng67 2/7/2012 23:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)