AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why does EZ-Steer Drift Off Line?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 6/26/2006 08:21 (#22077 - in reply to #21991)
Subject: RE: Why does EZ-Steer Drift Off Line? More Info

NE CO
I will provide a little more information. I am running off of the wass signal, I have the T2 unit installed, turned on and calibrated. I have downloaded and installed the latest software a month or so ago, 3.1 and 3.0.1 I think. The antenna on the sprayer pickup is located on the very front of the hood on a bracket I made so that it is level. As far as changing settings, I have varried the freeplay between 1 and 4 inches, the turn/angle from 6 to 20, and aggressiveness between 80 and 120%. Of course many of these settings result in fast oscillations unless the other variables are scaled way back.

Maybe I am expecting too much of the unit, but when I put it in the calibration view (?) mode where the variation from the straight course line is shown magnified, you can see the sprayer just slowly drift off line by several feet over a period of 5-10 seconds. If I gently push the steering wheeel to correct the vehicle will come back on line and center as I would expect, but then will drift off line by a foot or two again. There doesn't seem to be a preference for which way it will drift (right or left) other than usually downhill. I thought that maybe setting the motor speed on MAX MAN helped, but ofter operating a while I don't think it had much effect. I have seen much the same performance on the other vehicles I mentioned with different settings. The 4 wheel drive tractor has the antena mounted on the very front of the tractor, while the MX 200 I planted corn with has the antenna mounted at the rear of the cab (which is probably not ideal). Curiously though, they all seem to show the same drifting characteristics.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)