AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer Omnistar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/13/2011 07:40 (#2047405 - in reply to #2047175)
Subject: RE: EZ steer Omnistar

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This shouldn't be a problem. Initially you may have had to pay to get the Omnistar unlock for your GPS. This is a one time deal and the unit will remain unlocked even if the subscription is allowed to expire. The Omnistar unlocks and costs all pertain to the GPS and have nothing to do with the fact that you may be using EZ-Steer or Autopilot.

All that should be necessary is to call Omnistar with your serial number of the GPS and tell them which plan you wish to go with. They will then activate the subscription and you should start to receive the Omnistar signal very soon. When the subscription expires, you can switch the correction source to the free WAAS signal.

I use Omnistar XP with my planting tractor during the planting season. I go with the short term plan (3 months) which covers my planting time frame. After 3 months, the Omnistar signal is no longer available to me and I switch back to WAAS which is adequate for me on this tractor for the remainder of the year.

Each Spring around planting time, I call Omnistar and reactivate my subscription. Generally the 3 month plan is a bit more than half the cost of a full year plan so there is some savings in going with the short plan if it fits your usage.

If you desire the added performance of Omnistar in both the Spring and Fall, you would probably choose the full year subscription.

Edited by tedbear 11/13/2011 07:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)