AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do I need an Ipad, or just want one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/9/2011 20:14 (#1954782 - in reply to #1954495)
Subject: Re: Do I need an Ipad, or just want one?

Jd4lfe - That a number of online reviews say the "Eee Pad" blows your Apple out of the water ??? 

Are you aware that just about every single high-end tablet and phone that has been released since the Droid 1 in '08 has been called an "iPhone or iPad killer" in some review(s)? This is what I was trying to say - if the Asus is all they or you are saying it is, it will stomp the iPad and be selling by the millions by Christmas time. But there is one hitch - which brings me to the next point...

Jd4lfe - There is literally NOTHING the Ipad can do over the Asus.... other then 3G.... 

This is where you are wrong and why the iOS competitors are having trouble gaining traction. They do not have a complete ecosystem like iOS does. This may not mean as much to a bunch of farmer like we have here, but to the general population out there buying these devices, it means a simple, reliable, one-stop shop for all the content they would want for their device - and trustworthy enough to be free of malware. People are getting fed up with years and years of fighting malware on their desktops and now one of the major players in the mobile market has left the gate wide open - and I don't need to remind anyone who it is. The content thing may not mean much to a farmer, but I'd sure bet that an app store that can be trusted to not allow malware into it should certainly interest them.

Jd4lfe - Ofcourse..... Ipad's 3,4, & 5 should be out in the next few months..... and Im sure each one is bigger and badder then the one before..... and all you have to do is spend $6-7-800 to get the baddest Ipad out there. EVERY YEAR !!!!! 

This is a rather weak argument, in my opinion. Apple's mobile devices are on a once a year update cycle. In fact, the iPhone 4 was a year old in late June or so. ONE new device a year - compared to a new Android device once a week it seems. The iPhone 5 will be out in October - and I fully plan to keep my 4 until the end of my contract. I have been extremely pleased with this phone and as much as I like to see the newest and greatest that Apple has to offer, I really have no desire to break my contract to upgrade to the 5. And for your information, the iPad starts at the $500 price point - same as many of the Android tablets - not $600 as you stated. 

Jd4lfe - Apple is the problem with this world...... every 8 mnths it seems like there is a new "I" something coming out....

See above

Jd4lfe - so where do the old ones end up ????

Same place as all the old Android devices. There is a huge market out there for these older devices. The iPhone 3GS has been selling like hotcakes and ebay and Craigslist is loaded with older iOS devices. I doubt people are buying them and sending them to the landfill.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)