AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And the plot thickens...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/3/2011 12:28 (#1944251 - in reply to #1943964)
Subject: Re: And the plot thickens...

tomram486 - If Apple has 80% of the smart phone sales market, then why are they worried about the little bitty android smart phone market. I feel Apple is kinda like Monsanto with its lawyers. If there is the perceived notion that some company or person is going to infringe on a cash cow for Apple, they sue for any reason that can be found. Seems like they found that Rubin defected to the enemy and was not a low level engineer. I think Apple is throwing a stink to see if anything that can stop the droid OS from getting into more users hands. 

Apple does NOT have 80% of the smartphone market. They have around 50%. iOS has 80% of the entire mobile market, once you add tablets into the mix. You think Apple is doing this to keep Android out of as many hands as possible? You are exactly right. Apple spent years and millions of dollars developing a multi-touch OS and Rubin/Google stole a major portion of it, put it on the market, and is now cutting into Apple's market share. Apple is not anti-competition, they are "anti-theft".

tomram486 - I don't think that this will amount to much since all work related agreements have run out in the almost 20 years since Rubin worked for Apple. 

That would be true if Rubin were to start developing a mobile OS today - but he started right after leaving Apple and would still have been within that 20 yr agreement.

tomram486 - Apple is hoping that Google/Android makes a mistake and reveals something about future plans.  

This is easy enough without spending billions on a lawsuit - all Apple lawyers need to do is watch what their own employer is putting on the market. Android has been a copy of iOS right from the start, why would Google change their game plan now? It's much cheaper riding the coat tail of the real innovator.  :)

tomram486 - Actually I think that there should be a lawsuit against Apple for being a monopoly.

Apple is far, far away from even being remotely considered a monopoly. If you saw Apple buying carriers up, buying competing companies, etc - THEN the U.S. govt. might be persuaded to step in and break it up. Right now, Apple is on it's own out there, making their own hardware, making their own software, and keeps a store that offers content for their devices that is produced by others. They have not bought up any competing computer or phone companies in order to stifle competition - the lawsuit is nothing more than an attempt to protect the time and money they have invested in iOS IP.

tomram486 - If Apple would share it's OSs then android and to a lesser extent W8 would be toast.

Gee, this sounds like an admission that Android is a half-baked copy of iOS to me!  ;)  LOL! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)