AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And the plot thickens...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tomram486
Posted 9/3/2011 08:48 (#1943964 - in reply to #1943794)
Subject: Re: And the plot thickens...

I saw this article yesterday and wondered if you would post this article. Thank you for posting. My ideas about this shenanigan lawsuit.

If Apple has 80% of the smart phone sales market, then why are they worried about the little bitty android smart phone market. I feel Apple is kinda like Monsanto with its lawyers. If there is the perceived notion that some company or person is going to infringe on a cash cow for Apple, they sue for any reason that can be found. Seems like they found that Rubin defected to the enemy and was not a low level engineer. I think Apple is throwing a stink to see if anything that can stop the droid OS from getting into more users hands.

Quote from the article.
....Mr. Rubin began his career at Apple in the early 1990s and worked as a low-level engineer specifically reporting to the inventors of the '263 [realtime API] patent at the exact time their invention was being conceived and developed. [...] It is thus no wonder that the infringing Android platform used the claimed subsystem approach of the '263 patent that allows for flexibility of design and enables the platform to be "highly customizable and expandable" as HTC touts. [...] While Mr. Rubin's inspiration for the Android framework may not be directly relevant to the pending petitions for review, that HTC felt compelled to distort this history is illustrative of the liberties it takes in attacking the ALJ's [initial determination] and the substantial evidence supporting the ALJ's findings.

Since Apple will not license it's OS to other companies, Microsoft is coming out with W8 and the droid OS is taking sales away from Apple, time for a lawsuit. I don't think that this will amount to much since all work related agreements have run out in the almost 20 years since Rubin worked for Apple. But with a lawsuit there has to be a sharing of information such as emails, patents, letters (none), etc. Apple is hoping that Google/Android makes a mistake and reveals something about future plans. Apple lawyers are no dummies and I hope Google's lawyers are not either.

Actually I think that there should be a lawsuit against Apple for being a monopoly. Apple should be split into 5 companies. Mac hardware, Mac OS, iPhone/iPad hardware, iOS and then itunes.

If Apple would share it's OSs then android and to a lesser extent W8 would be toast. Apple is becoming the IBM of the '80s and should be taken apart for the betterment of mankind. If Apple would release the OSs (for a fee mind you), then MS would die and Google would be just a search engine company. Then there would not be any viruses, trojans etc in the wild, because we know that Apples OS cannot be hacked.

Back to you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)