AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much tractor do I need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jholland
Posted 6/12/2011 08:40 (#1814866 - in reply to #1814822)
Subject: Re: How much tractor do I need?

middle ga
I am bout 100 miles north of JoshuaGa and am a STO with just a few acres. I am on the pay as you go plan. If I cant afford it I do without. I have a 5075E Deere with front wheel assist (75 HP) and it will pull most anything I need within reason. I have built most of my equipment, planters,sprayer,side dress implement etc... so all I have a payment on is the tractor. I also work part time for a neighbor who is a BTO and on occasion I swap labor for equipment use if I need something done that I cannot do, ex... harvesting is done this way. If you have been following our posts it is a rough time to be a farmer right now. In our area we are REALLY hurting for rain. There are also many programs you may qualify for through your local NRCS office. Your county agent can also assist you with other things as well. If you are serious about farming there is nothing else you can do that will give you the satisfaction of working up the land and planting crops that grow and hopefully with good weather provide you with a monetary return on investment. With this years commodity prices being what they are it is a good time to start. If we can just weather the storm or should I say the drought I hope it will get better for everyone. I say go for it.

Waitin on the rain,

JHolland
Middle Ga.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)