AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End dump trailer ?s Silage/ distillers/ manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/28/2011 14:13 (#1695362 - in reply to #1695324)
Subject: RE: End dump trailer ?s Silage/ distillers/ manure

Thumb of Michigan
There are thousands of end dumps running on farms in Michigan. I've heard of end dumps tipping over, never personally seen one flop. Painting with a very broad paint brush here, last one close to me that flopped over was due to poor maintenance. Level ground with a load that should have came out easy. Back hinge was completely worn out. Grease maggots got in there and ate all the grease up I guess. Hinge broke and it laid down. No one got hurt.

I bought a 32' coal trailer out of W. Virginia a few years back. That had been flopped over, but most of the coal trailers that come up here have been tipped over. Dealers that I know that go down there to pick up trailers are surprised they don't tip them over more than they do. Very, very heavy loads and some pretty tough dumping conditions I guess. The trailer we had never came close to tipping over after we bought it, although I'm pretty sure it had a much easier life after it came to Michigan.

I know of some crews that are dumping silage out of 38'+ 7 and 8 axle trailers and getting by. Many of the sugar beets are getting delivered and transferred between plants in the winter (frozen beets) and it seems to work. Need a good liner, need to be careful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)