AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Additional liquid fertilizer on planter, yetter, totally tubular others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4ethanol
Posted 2/28/2011 13:49 (#1641730 - in reply to #1641677)
Subject: Re: Additional liquid fertilizer on planter, yetter, totally tubular others

Hoxie, KS, Northwest Kansas
yes they had been running injector nozzles that people use on high speed 32% injector rigs but they pulled them off because of splatter. I am not exact on placement as this will be my first year with them but looking at it when i got them bolted on it looks to be around 2 inches horizontally away from the seed. but for vertical placement you can change that depending on what your preference is. they have 4 plates that go between the fert disc arm and the actual frame that a person can either take away or add to get the fert depth that you want (you can mix and match any combo of plates around the arm). The only trouble I can see maybe happening is with trying to put the disc as deep as it will go (4 plates on the bottom of the frame with arm below that) would be how much lift is that going to exert onto the row unit maybe lifting it out of the ground (but that would probably be deeper than 2x3 but idk. as soon as the ground thaws out i am going to start testing this to see how deep i can place my fert without it lifting the planter out of the ground. and maybe the designers took that into consideration and it wont be an issue.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)