AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

open or convert wps file ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/18/2011 07:30 (#1620880 - in reply to #1620806)
Subject: RE: open or convert wps file ??

What program are you using to edit documents? From what you've posted, you only have programs that are capable of viewing documents.

From your use of free stuff I'm assuing you want to keep it cheap. If I were you, I would download OpenOffice for editing files.

Then I would follow these directions for wps stuff. I got it off another forum:

How to open Microsoft Works Documents in OpenOffice.org
Matt Godfrey has contributed this workaround for Works users.

After hours of tinkering, here is a free workaround to get .wps files into OpenOffice.org 2.x
This has been tested and is working on Windows ®, XP and 2000, with OpenOffice.org 2.x.

Please verify and report any success or problems to [email protected] for
forwarding to the author.

Here are the steps:
1.Download and install the free, as of 20060715, "Word Viewer 2003" from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en
2.Download and install the free, as of 20060715, "Microsoft Works 6–9 File Converter" from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BF41401E-70FA-465D-AE2E-CF44DBF05297&displaylang=en
3.Install both.
4.Start Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003 from the Start > (All) Programs menu.
5.An open dialogue appears. At the bottom of this dialogue ensure that the "Files of type" is set to "All Files(*.*)".
6.Now browse to your .wps file and select it
7.Click open. A warning dialogue will appear. If you trust this file et cetera, click yes and like magic your .wps will open!.
8.8. Select all > edit copy >.
9.Now open OpenOffice.org 2.x writer and do edit paste.
10.You should now be looking at your doc in OpenOffice.org 2.x.
11.Choose Save as from the file menu and save your document to your preferred format.

You are now good to go!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)