AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Computer not displaying added HD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 8/4/2010 00:50 (#1300290 - in reply to #1300275)
Subject: RE: My Computer not displaying added HD

Elmira, Ontario

I'd use the cd because it allows you to adjust partition sizing if you want. If the utility is DiskWizard, you can do a number of maintenance tasks with it later. Well worth getting to know the utility. Something to realize is it is a crippled version of Acronis software. The crippling is that there must be a Seagate drive in the computer for the utility to run. This is a good reminder for me to do some drive maintenance like getting a fresh backup image saved.

The processor being 64bit doesn't matter. It's the operating system that matters.

Speaking of drives. We were cleaning out a storage room yesterday. I came across a stash of drives I've pulled out of my computers over the years. There's a lot of history in that pile. Life sure is a lot simpler now that the bios auto recognizes drives and you rarely need to play with jumpers anymore. I remember when I thought it was a vast improvement when the drive had the bios settings right on the label. Prior to that, you had to get the information off the manual (if you still had it).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)