AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lock up upon loading web site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/24/2010 11:35 (#1286135)
Subject: Lock up upon loading web site

Chebanse, IL.....

Here's my problem that's come up in the past few days on the farm computer. My "home page" is & has always been (= no changes in 4-5 yrs) the Weather Channel website, with our hometown weather/radar as the startup page. I've made no changes recently, however now upon clicking the Internet Explorer icon, it will start to auto-load the Weather Channel as always, but freeze up after the upper portion of their graphics is loaded. Sometimes if you have enough patience (20-30 min) you may see a completed load, but normally not. Also, the little "% completed" box in the lower LH corner will say "100%" or "DONE", but the IE will be locked up. Normally can't get around it after being locked, except by rebooting (Ctl Alt etc). However, if I load the IE some other backdoor way (like thru Virtual Earth), then my browser seems normal, though if I still attempt Weather Channel even after "backing in", it'll freeze (the computer....not the weather) again. Email seems 100% normal. Again, I've changed nothing recently to cause this that I know of. To further confound things, approximately every 10th attempt will result in completely normal operation. Also, that same homepage works fine on a laptop using Verizon wireless service.

Here's my problem-causing home page website:

http://www.weather.com/weather/us/zips/60922.html

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0, and have been for some time. Java is 100% updated. Internet service is PrairieInet & is a fairly fast wireless. Only 1 computer pulling off it.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas? I suspect this has something to do with the graphics loading, but not sure.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)