AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AT&T AND ALLTEL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

TheBonePile
Posted 7/12/2010 17:12 (#1270342 - in reply to #1269718)
Subject: RE: AT&T AND ALLTEL

Southeast South Dakota
i AM IN THE SAME BOAT - Gave up the crappy landline and use Alltel Motorola Razr's for cell phone and pretty darn good unlimited internet wherever I go....(live in southeast corner of SD)

I am told there will be some info coming in mailers with the bills, etc.... there is some information on the SD public utility commission site - somewhere there I think I saw that AT&T had to give u a new phone if it switched the cell system (which they will do). But my neighbor went to the Sioux Falls Alltel store and they stated that they will only give you a phone if you are still under contract - so not sure on that one. I haven't been under contract for 3 years or more, so basically just waiting to see like you. She said the people there said this switch would probably happen fast, but we shall see......they are just salespeople, probably hoping to get the iphone into the Dakotas as fast as they can (I am not a big Apple fan)

I will say this...when some of my wanna impress the neighbors city people come home from down South with their iphones, they could get them to work on our existing towers, but not near as good as they would work if they were in their home territory (so they say anyway).

I have also noticed the mailers for offers for different cell phone and internet plans from wireless providers of all kinds have started to come in the mailbox and over the airwaves.....

I like my Alltel setup, I am leary of going Verizon because they put a cap on how much u can download for internet for a month (or $$$$$$$$$) (which as a part time computer fixer, and a family that everyone does their own thing on the internet, I am not sure what to do yet.......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)