AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valtra tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 6/24/2010 13:09 (#1249013 - in reply to #1248998)
Subject: Re: Every second tractor around here is Valtra.

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Larry in AB - 6/24/2010 19:59

Not sure what the hell I want other than a good value in the 115 to 130 pto hp range. I don't really care what brand just as long its what I want.

I thinking of looking at a used Valtra 8350 which I think is rated at 125 Pto Hp. But like a lot of these used tractors farmers want a lot of money for them. Probelm is they bought them say 4-5 years ago when our dollar was so low. Now with the higher dollar or even on par like this spring new tractors are very competitive in price. I told the one guy why would buy your used one for $XXX amount when I can buy a new one for $10K more with warranty ... he was surpised at what the new one is selling at!

You sure don't wanna pay too much for used tractor and people sometimes do not look options very carefully, they just think used is cheaper.

I can talk couple people about 8000 series Valtra's if you want. Those six cylinder engines have lot of potential and some models have strong drive train. If you want "turn it up", better make sure it got correct injection pump too. Lot of those run here around 200 engine hp. Good and strong tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)